Copper

Copper is a trace element. Its symbol is Cu , atomic number 29.
Copper is one of the first metals used by man, most likely it is the oldest metal.
Thanks to its properties and the different chemical qualities, physical, mechanical and aesthetic, continues to be present in human life today as in the past.
Lam.rame 2-minCopper has an high electrical and thermal conductivity, it is very resistant to corrosion and is not magnetic.
Copper has high malleability and ductility, ability to be deformed into coils and wires. It can therefore be easily worked by plastic deformation with excellent results.
There are various types of copper with a purity greater than 99.9%,they are distinguished among themselves for the composition of the remaining part of 0.10%, portion that has a relevant influence on the technological characteristics.

The most important types of copper are reported as Cu-ETP and Cu-DHP .

The Cu-ETP copper (Electrolytic Tough Pitch) is characterized by the presence of oxygen (O) and the absence of phosphorus (P).
It is an high electrical conductivity, suitable for working at high and low temperature.
It is intended for electrical and electronic applications.

Cu-DHP copper (Deoxidized High residual Phosphorous) is characterized by the total absence of oxygen (O), with a relatively high content of phosphorus (P), ranging between 0.015% and 0.04 %, in order to stabilize and ensure the deoxidation. The presence of phosphorous reduces the electrical conductivity, but improves the cold plastic deformability and above all increase the aptitude for brazing.
It is used for the rolled products that must be used in roofing, guttering, and in the production of pipes for the hydraulic systems.

Copper can combine with other metals , forming several metal alloys .

Our Company treat Cu-DHP copper in commercial format sheets (1000 x 2000 mm.), in both hard and soft physical state.

Friulana Metalli Spa